Bankruptcy Is a Tool to Protect You!
The decision to file for bankruptcy is often a difficult choice that a person has to make in his or her lifetime. Poor planning in preparing the bankruptcy case often makes the process even harder. It goes without saying that filing for bankruptcy should be a last resort, and should only be done when all other options of satisfying one's financial obligations have been exhausted. However, if your situation develops to where you are in danger of the loss of your home by foreclosure, eviction by a landlord, garnished wages or repossession of your vehicle, or you are facing debts that you are in no position to pay, putting off the inevitable can have devastating consequences. Procrastination can cost you your car, your wages, your money in the bank, and even your home.
Filing your bankruptcy case in a timely fashion can spare you these losses.
- If you are close to foreclosure on your home, declaring bankruptcy may stop this from going forward and even create a payment structure that will help you pay off your arrears.
- Bankruptcy may cause your car or other property to be given back to you if they have been repossessed by a creditor.
- Large medical bills combined with a loss of employment, or on their own can create a nearly impossible financial hole to climb out of. Bankruptcy can help you in this situation and possibly reduce or even wipe away your medical bills.
- Bankruptcy can stop harassing creditors from turning up on your doorstep, especially if they are being unfairly pushy or unreasonable or are trying to take more than you owe.
- If your utilities have been shut off, bankruptcy will help restore these so you do not have to live in darkness.
- Although your student loans will not disappear, bankruptcy may help you to consolidate those debts and pay them off in a reasonable timeframe.
- Bankruptcy will end wage garnishment, which means you will be able to afford life's necessities.
You may have more than one of these issues overlapping in your life and filing bankruptcy may be the best and most logical way to start your financial life over. Contact us at 657-218-4800 for a Free Consultation.